The CON-TROL-CURE® R3 PROBE UV RADIOMETER is an affordable electro-optic UV measuring instrument. It is battery-operated, portable, extremely light-weight, and easy to use. It is designed to measure and display peak UV intensity in hard-to-reach curing chambers (such as narrow web presses) in order to evaluate system performance.
With the increasing use of narrow web presses and flexo printing technology, it has become necessary to create a method for measuring system performance. Degradation of UV lamps and parts can cause decreases in lamp output and create curing problems.
R3 stands for “Rapid Reach Radiometer”. The R3 Probe features an 18” extended probe allowing the operator to reach areas that might otherwise be inaccessible or dangerous to access. The probe is simple to use; just hold the unit’s base and position the sensor under the curing source. Quick readings allow the operator to measure performance of the system long before curing problems occur, without holding up the curing process.
The inside of a UV curing system can include extreme temperature variations and other harsh physical conditions. The CON-TROL-CURE® R3 Probe is designed to withstand these conditions while protecting the operator and instruments from electrical shock or damage. The 18” rigid light guide has a diameter of 4mm and is completely made of non-conductive ceramic material to insulate and protect the equipment and the operator from damage or accidental shock.
The tip of the CON-TROL-CURE® R3 Probe can detect all ultraviolet, visible and infrared radiation wavelengths with its specially designed input aperture. It even detects into the UV-C spectrum down to 230nm. The sensor at the end of the arm directs the light down the arm to the base of the unit, there a UV filter passes the light of interest to the unit.
The CON-TROL-CURE® R3 Probe is an effective method of quantifying UV output. It provides the operator with instant feedback as to the performance of his UV curing system.
• A 9V battery block ensures extremely long life in excess of 100,000 readings.
• It can monitor UV intensities up to 9,990 mW/cm²
• Compact, Portable size
• Light-weight - Approx. 5 ounces
• 18” non-conductive ceramic probe
• The measurements taken can be viewed directly on the LCD display.
• Spectral range: M007-108 UV-A 315-410NM; M007-109 UV FULL 230-400NM
• Max. Power Input 0 to 9,990 mW/cm²
• Display: LCD, 3 digits X 10
• Display range: 0 to 9,990
• Measuring range: 0 to 9,990 mW/cm²
• Power source: 9 V Block Battery
• Power consumption: 20 µA
• Battery service life: 2,000 hrs (100.000 Measurings)
• Dimensions: 6.25” (158 mm) x 1.6” (40 mm) x 1.3” (34 mm)
• Weight: Approx. 5 ounce (125 g)
• Length of light guide: Approx. 18” (45 cm)
• Diameter of light guide: 4mm
• Overall length: Approx. 24.25”
• Operating temperature: 0 to 122° F / 0 to 50° Centigrade
• Base Accuracy: ± 5 % The maximum permissible temperature for the light guide is 400° Centigrade/ 750° Fahrenheit. The temperature of the housing should not exceed 122° F / 50° Centigrade.
Because of uneven radiation distribution of the UV light source and different type of construction of the measuring devices by different manufacturers, different readings may appear under the same measurement conditions.
Like most radiometers, in order to keep its full function and precision it is recommended to have re-calibration done once per year. Re-calibration will also be necessary after change of battery.
Part Number - M007-108 RADIOMETER:R3 UV-A 315-410NM
Part Number - M007-108A RADIOMETER:R3 UV-A Body Only
Part Number - M007-109 RADIOMETER:R3 UVFUL 230-400NM
Part Number - M007-109A RADIOMETER:R3 UV FULL Body only
Part Number - M007-200 R3 Ceramic Probe Only
Part Number - M007-300 Probe Positioning Set Only
UV INTENSITY LABELS
FASTCHECK STRIP UV INTENSITY LABELS
BELT STYLE RADIOMETERS
SOLAR SERIES RADIOMETERS
COMPACT SENSOR RADIOMETERS
PROBE STYLE RADIOMETERS
CABLED DETECTOR RADIOMETERS
RADIOMETERS FOR DOSE MEASUREMENT
USB DATALOGGING RADIOMETER
TEST & MEASUREMENT EQUIPMENT